Tuesday 7 February 2012

Africa Purchases

Seems like ages ago I went shopping in Swakopmund in Namibia and found some beautiful telephone wire bowls to send home to my mum. Interestingly, they are constructed starting at the top of the bowl.

I also found her this lovely cushion cover, hand embroidered by African women through a charity run to support them.

We stopped off along a dusty, Namibian road and looked at the bog standard tourist souvenirs, such as carved figurines. Beneath the junk, I spotted this handmade quilt top. The lady was reluctant to part with it, but I managed to persuade her. I'm not sure if I should leave it as it is or make it into a quilt.


1 comment:

  1. I am a very lucky mummy!! I adore those bowls, the colours are so bold and the work is so neat- I just cannot work out how they make them!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete