Thursday 3 January 2013

Circle skirt

I've been wanting to make a circle skirt for a while. It's a really simple pattern to cut and I've added a simple waistband and zip fastening. I used a lovely chambray, with spools of thread pattern printed onto it, that I found in a thrift store in Pennsylvania a few years ago. I had a go at a narrow seam, as a curved hem can be fiddly to finish neatly. Pictures below show how to. Now all I need to make is a 50s petticoat for a proper vintage feel!



Turn up the hem about 1/2", press and machine about 1/8" from folded edge.


Trim excess right down to stitching.


Fold over on the line of stitching, press and pin.


Machine about 1/8" away from the folded edge again. Voila! Very neat, narrow hem.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I love that block, colors are gorgeous. I have seen that tutorial, must give it a go !what size is your quilt going to be? Xx

    ReplyDelete